Difference between revisions of "Evaluation of the questionnaire 2016"
(Created page with "<strong>Evaluation of the questionnaire 2016 on meso-level (in companies) Question 1:</strong> Does your company use solar energy for the production of electricity? The a...")
Revision as of 16:56, 22 April 2016
Evaluation of the questionnaire 2016 on meso-level (in companies)
Does your company use solar energy for the production of electricity?
The answers are fifty-fifty. So 50 per cent said yes and the other fifty per cent said no. By the Dutch companies 100 per cent said yes. And by the Czech companies 100 per cent said no. We think that in the Czech Republic more companies have to use solar energy, around 70 or 80 per cent.
Does your Company process the remainder of unused material?
70 per cent answered yes on this question. And 30 per cent said no. As the Dutch as the Czech companies answered the same things. 60 per cent said yes and 40 per cent said no. We think the results are good, because most of the companies are recycling.
Does your company recycle your discard electric appliances and electronic material?
In the Netherlands 83.3% of the electrical waste from Dutch companies in our survey was recycled, while in the Czech Republic it is only 60%. It can be concluded that Dutch companies are trying to be friendly to the environment.
Do your company cars use natural gas?
Only 16.7% of the Dutch companies use natural fuel, but in the Czech Republic it is 20% of the companies who use natural gas. We can conclude that the Czech companies are more environment friendly on the subject of fuel than the Dutch.
Does your company have any program concerning the protection of the environment/sustainability?
9 out of 11 companies does have a program for the protection of the environment. The bottom line is that 82% have a program to protect the environment and 18% does not have one. From the companies of the Czech Republic 3 out of 5 have a program. From the companies of the Netherlands 5 out of 6 have a program. Our opinion concerning the outcome is: Great outcome, because it’s good when a company has a program for the protection of the environment. Because of that we are positive about the results. Most of the companies does have a program.
Does your company support charities, for example WWF and Greenpeace?
3 out of 11 companies support charities. The bottom line is that 27% does support charities and 73% does not. None of the companies from the Czech Republic supports a charity. The companies from the Netherlands only 2 out of 6 support a charity. We think that the results are too low, because giving money to charity is good.
On a scale from 1 to 10, how important is sustainability to your company?
The average of these answers is 9. This average consists 5 companies which give a 10, 5 companies which give a 8 and one company gives a 9. When we are going to look closer to the answers we see that four companies from Czech Republic give a 10 and one Czech company gives a 8. This gives an average of a 9,6. When we look at the Dutch companies we see that one company gives a 9, one gives a 10 and four companies give an 8. This gives an average of an 8,4.
Question 8 is:
How does your company try to reduce the CO2 emission?
72,7% tries to reduce their CO2 emission with different techniques. The other companies do not have any form of CO2 emission, so they do not have to do something about reducing the CO2 emission.
Question 9 was: ¨Where does your company buy the required raw materials for production? Is this the most efficient place? (in terms of energy) The answers we received after doing the survey were:<ul
We are satisfied with the answers, because the companies make sure they are as sustainable and efficient as possible. The answers of the Czech companies were:
- - We get our raw products from a refinery
- - We buy our materials in several places around the world and we buy them as efficient as possible
- - We don’t buy raw materials, but we do use the energy of water
- - We get our required materials from households
- - We don’t buy raw materials for production
The answers of the Dutch companies were:
- - We don’t buy raw materials for production
- - We buy our materials in several places around the world and we buy them as efficient as possible (this answer was given three times)
- - We buy our materials from farmers as close to the company as possible or we use materials made by the company itself. We always use the most efficient location
- - We buy our materials from local sellers and the energy is partly being self-made and the other part is bought by companies that produce green energy.
Does the company separate different kinds of trash, like paper and plastic?
- 10 out of the 11 companies said yes, so that is 91%
- 1 out of the 11 companies said partly, so that is 9%
- 0 out of the 11 companies said no, so that is 0%
- 100% of the Czech companies said yes
- 83% of the Dutch companies said yes
- 17% of the Dutch companies said partly